Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Big Sigh of Relief

So... I had to take a couple minutes (before I pass out from exhaustion) to do a little Nila update. We spent the day up at Primary Children's today and everything is wonderful! Nila received botox injections in her legs and her left arm to help her muscles relax. Many of you know that we've been quite concerned that she hasn't been growing at all since July of 2007. We've been talking to her doctors about having to place a feeding tube in her little tummy.... and quite frankly we really didn't want to have to do it. Well, good news, she's gained almost 3 pounds since March. We spent about 2 hours with the clinic that does the feeding tubes, nutrition, feeding issues, etc. and they think that right now she is doing great and doesn't need it. We'll just keep feeding her all of the fattening food she can handle and make sure she gets her nightly Haagen Dazs. (I'm quite jealous of the nightly Haagen Dazs!!) We've also been worried about her hips being pulled out of joint with her muscle tone. Today we got the results of her hip x-ray and she's looking totally normal there. I wanted to sit down and cry with relief today. I'm so proud of Nila. She works so hard for all the baby steps she makes in life and does it (almost always) with a sweet little smile on her face.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

we love Nila! she is such a sweetheart! i still have the photo you sent me with her birth announcement - precious!